Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dude, Bro

Dallas noted in his recent running diary that the Padres played "Bro Hymn" by Pennywise after the game. I noticed this too on Opening Day. (I almost wrote about it in my post, but then I didn't, because you can't take a picture of a song). I love it when teams play the same song after each home win, it makes for a great tradition. "Bro-Hymn" is a redundant, kind of juvenile song, but it's also impossibly catchy, great for crowd sing-a-longs, and VERY Southern California, so I was in favor.

But after yesterday's game - a 5-2 win over the Giants to complete a sweep, through which, yes, my family and I stayed for all 9 damp and chilly innings - they didn't play it. I forget what they played. I think it was something vaguely Nickelbacky. I found myself kind of irked. Petco doesn't have much going for it in terms of tradition, why get rid of this budding one so soon? Since we've seen that real live Padre employees read this blog, I'm putting out an official call to keep "Bro Hymn" as THE song that's played after a home win. Or at least pick one distinct song and stay with it.

Also, please make the "Saved by the Bell" theme Heath Bell's entrance music. I don't care if he doesn't like it, the fans will. Trust me.

That is all.

1 comment:

Dallas Braden's Pile of Dirt said...

I agree. Bro Hymn all the way.